Saturday, October 11, 2008

Updates!

I've been pretty busy the past little while with; my church calling, auditioning for a choir, working on becoming the assisstant coach for a High School soccer team, being with Edwin, family/friends visiting, and other things that have kept me from updating the blog; so I will update it now with the past events. Sorry it's kind of long

The picture above is of one of the boys in the Young Men's program. Grant is the Young Men's President in our ward and he is so good at it (in my opinion), he really loves his calling and the boys, he shows a great deal of care for the boys, and their welfare. This picture was taken on Tuesday night after mutual, he brought two of the boys home that evening, one who was waiting for his mom to pick him up, so Grant thought, while he waits for his mom he can come to our house and play fusball. When they came here they also came with a roll of toilet paper and was wondering what they should do with it, I suggested the mummy, so we wraped the boy up in the toilet paper, and when we were done he ripped thru; very amusing. I wanted to add this because I wanted something to show the amount of love Grant has for his calling.
Another example of Grant and his calling; on occasion Grant will invite all the Young men over to our house in the evening, they will play some night games and then come to the house to play the game 'mofia.' Very fun for Grant and I, and I know the boys love it and look forward to everytime we have this fun night.
________________________

One of my best friends, Venessa, came to visit, we've been friends since 6th grade and on this visit she was able to meet Edwin and I was able to meet her husband Raul. It was so nice to see her, meet her husband, and hang out with her brother (who was getting his Brasil visa), and hang out with all of them.
We went to San Fran, first to get the visa and then to sightsee. We went to the sea lion docks, which when we visited them they were very lively and some of them were getting into fights. Then we enjoyed a yummy lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp. After that we walked the Fisherman Wharf and walked to the historical trolleys; where we took a ride on the trolley to downtown San Francisco. In down town we walked around and took in the great culture of the city. Then we headed for the Golden Gate bridge, we drove across, and they got out on the other side to walk around, but I stayed in the car because I was exhausted. Then we headed home, we where all exhausted but had an excellent day.
___________________________

I recently went to the beach with two of my friends from the ward, Danielle and Angela and their children. It was a nice day and I enjoyed hanging out with Danielle and Angela, but for some reason that day Edwin was not happy. I think the wind at the beach was a little too much for him; so if you look at the first picture from the beach, you will see Edwin all snuggled up in a coat and two blankets, and that's how he preferred most of his time at the beach. It was actually quite funny to me, to take him somewhere so beautiful and all he wanted to do was stay in his carseat away from the wind. Maybe when he gets older he'll appreciate the coast.
______________________


I love this time of year, when fall comes and it brings with it the start of so many fun holidays, so one day in all of my excitement for fall and Halloween, I dressed Edwin in his pumpkin shirt and socks and took pictures, I can't help it, he's soooo cute.
_________________________


Here's a fun video of more developments from Edwin. He loves this toy and moves a lot while playing with it. It is a lengthy video and I forgot to edit it and shorten it down. So watch a couple of seconds and you'll get the idea and see how cute he is.
___________________________

My sister Amanda came to visit with her two kids Elijah and Alia, and Mark her boyfriend. They finally got to meet their new nephew and cousin. It was so nice to have them visit and see them again and meet Mark. It's crazy to see the family and how much my niece and nephew have grown. We hung out around the house mainly and played with Edwin, we also went to Central Park which is a very nice park here in Fremont. We played some games and walked around, it was nice to have them visit but definitely too short, they came one evening, stayed the night and left the next evening.

This last video I know my family will especially love; it's the cousins saying "hi" to you all. Although, I do have to warn you, Edwin starts crying pretty hard in this video, he's alright no harm was brought to him. I think it was just an unfamiliar environment and a lot of stimuli, so bare with the video and his crying, but know he has a very loving mom, who soothed him right after the video was over. Plus his crying is pretty dang cute.

6 comments:

maegan said...

hehehe, sweet Edwin. Even his little cry (and especially the face he makes) is so stinking cute!

You HAVE been busy. My goodness. I feel pretty bad that I still have your mat and cutter too. I've used them to my great advantage though! THANKS SO MUCH.

We haven't been nearly that busy, but its been pretty crazy around here too, but we really miss you and want to come out to see you soon (and return your stuff)! Let me know what your schedule looks like.

Deanna said...

Good to get an update. Assistant soccer coach? That would be fun. Have you done that before? Edwin looks so cute in his pumpkin shirt. God bless Grant in his calling, I am sure he is great at it. I work with the YW so I know how emotionally exhausting it can be.

Aaron and Emily said...

Edwin IS so cute!

I miss you guys and can't to hang out. We'll be home in one week!

Anonymous said...

Edwin is so cute. I like the picture at the top of the ones where he is dressed up like a pumpkin to the left. haha! his face is adorable. How fun that you were able to hang out with Raul and Venessa. Yaya! Also Amanda, Mark, Elijah and Alia. Man we have a cute family. haha. Talk to you later. Love - Mary

Becca said...

Grant! This is Rebecca (Simpson) Cox. I found your blog through Megan Armstrong's. Congratulations on your little boy (and your beautiful wife)! I am happily married, living in Jackson County, MO, and expecting my second son in January. My blog's private, but if you'd like an invite, just email me at dearheart (dot) becca (at) gmail (dot) com. Congrats again, and I'm glad life is treating you well!

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

hey sarah...it's annie from the old ward. i'm pretty sure our babies are twins.