Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I have no title



Yeah to the New Year. To start off the new year I read "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" by Donald Miller, and I strongly recommend it. It is a great non-fiction about a man, Donald Miller, who writes books and one of his books is going to be made into a movie. Through the process of making a "good" movie, Donald, looks at how to make a "good" life, how to live a "good" story. The book is fun and it definitely has a lot of good stories in it. If you like to read I think you may enjoy this book. It has motivated me to try to live a better story.





That book was one of my Christmas gifts, among other wonderful gifts. For this Christmas the Jackson family went to Washington. I have to be honest it is really hard for me to vacation anymore, it doesn't necessarily feel like a vacation, it kind of feels like more work. It may have been easier if Grant was healthy (he was sick for our stay in Washington), probably, but still vacationing is hard. Do any of you guys feel that way, and what do you do to make it easier, or more enjoyable.










Anywho, not to complain too much; it's always a treat to go home and see family, and Edwin loves it. He loves to see his long lost family, especially his cousins (we're sad we missed the Jackson cousins). This year we had two Christmas's, which was awesome, we visited the beach, Tillamook Cheese factory, ate food, went to Crown's Point, a lot of Burgerville visits (local YUMMY burger joint), had snow, walked around a Historic National State Park (the one my parents live on, Fort Vancouver), played games, ate food, watched a lot of youtube, and enjoyed one anothers company.



Overall it was great, and now it is great to be home. Edwin was sooooo excited to play in his backyard, and see his friends, and I was sooooo happy to let him run free.






By the way I'm a horrible blogger and I do not know how to work with my pictures and text, so if you know, please tell me.

1 comment:

Aaron and Emily said...

I can't believe how big Edwin has gotten. All that hair!

I really enjoy vacations. But that's because I let Aaron do all the work. Yup. I figure, while he's around, I better just let him change most of the diapers and attend the kids as much as possible. Nice wife I am, huh.