Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter


This is the story of my life! Edwin is running, and I'm trying to keep up with him. He is fast! I'm so amazed at the development of Edwin and how big and strong he has become. Just yesterday Edwin gave me a hug and squeezed, his squeeze was so strong it hurt. Edwin is not even two years old yet but he's got muscle. I love it and am amazed.

Funny thing is that this boy inside of me is stronger than Edwin, when Edwin was inside me. Looks like I'm in for a major workout!

The two pictures above are rare pictures, because I'm in them, and not taking them.

For Easter on Saturday, we went to Stanford's Provost's house, it was very nice, they had an Easter egg hunt, story time, and the Easter bunny. Edwin was sooooooooooo excited about all the new things he just couldn't stop from running everywhere! One second he's right next to me, the next he's all the way across the lawn and down the stairs and around the corner! It took a lot out of me to keep up. This second pregnancy, I've been weighing less, and I think I know why (Edwin).
Here's a picture of Grant and Edwin at the event. Grant is making sure Edwin doesn't jump in and go for a swim.
Edwin was so happy about the car that was painted on his hand. He kept on saying "car" and then looking at his hand to make sure it was still there.
This is after Edwin's nap and he slept on his hand, can you see the mark on his face; you have to look closely, it's kind of small, lol!
At the actual Easter event, the Easter egg hunt didn't go that well. It was fine and fun to watch, but what Edwin would do is pick up an egg and throw it because it was a "ball," as Edwin would say. It was funny to see, but later that night I did an Easter egg hunt for him in his room.
He thoroughly enjoyed himself and the treats in the Easter eggs.

For the other parts of Easter we talked about the resurrection as best as we could with Edwin. We sang songs about our body, like "head, shoulders, knees, and toes" and talked about how cool it is to have a body. We also watched General Conference which was wonderful, and was so happy to see how many talks there were on the family.

We had a good Easter, and are excited that our little Edwin is slowly being introduced to the holidays. I hope you enjoyed the holidays too.

1 comment:

Liz said...

We love this--we love Edwin, and and we love you guys.