Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pool Party!

Edwin is turning two on the 4th of July, and given the holiday and that I'm about to have this baby, I decided to celebrate his birthday with his friends earlier. It was mainly to get all of Edwin's friends together before people moved (including us) and went on vacation.


The party was absolutely awesome! I'm not much of a host, I become somewhat stressed about everyone having a good time, so I was a little worried to go through with the party. When the party actually started I was so happy it was so successful with little to no effort from me, the water did all the etertaining.


I made a "Stanford bus" cake because Edwin LOVES the Stanford bus. We now ride the Stanford bus often, mostly in the evening with the whole family. Usually after dinner Edwin says "bus" and then grabs both Grant and my hand and leads us to our door and then out to the bus stop in front of our house. When Edwin sees the bus coming he gets so excited and exclaims "bus, bus." It's pretty darn cute.


My cake decorating skills are less than par, but it was fun building the cake and making it the "Edwin #2 bus."



It seemed like everyone had such a good time. We had two little kid pools, one with a slide going into it, and a sprinkler.


This is Edwin with two of his very close friends Ava, who just went back to Australia for the summer to see her family with her mom of course, and Anabelle, who is Edwin's next door neighbor. They are very special to Edwin.

Pinata time!


Edwin loves balls, so we got him a football pinata. The pinata was hanging throughout the party, so kids could come wack it with their hands, to get as many turns as they wanted, and these kids are pretty young so I wasn't worried about it breaking before we got to it.


Thank you to everyone who came to the party! We had a blast!

1 comment:

Liz said...

So cute :) I still kinda wish parents had gotten mad at you for your poor choices in candy...but ya know. I can't have everything I want.