Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Green Roses


Ok so I'm not going to write about green roses, but I'm going to write about me trying to be more friendly with the earth, and the beautiful roses I have in my backyard.


Trying to go green is fun; because it's good for the earth and saves Grant and I green. This spring I have started a garden, this I wanted to do because it's good to know how to garden, and hopefully we will get some delicious produce out of it. I'm also now hanging more of our laundry out to dry; this is definitely good for the earth and good for the pocket.


Another thing I wanted to write about, are the roses in our back patio area; they are beautiful.


It's funny because I have had a few encounters with roses. Last year, I was give a rose, and I put it in some water, got lazy and did not take it out. I noticed after a couple of weeks that the rose stem starting growing roots on the bottom and blooming more leaves, so I worked on planting and learning how to start a rose plant from one stem. It was very cool.


Now I'm out here in California and our home has a beautiful rose bush, and I'm trying to learn how to take care of it. I feel as if I need to learn how to take care of roses and have a beautiful rose garden someday.

These pictures were all taken from my rose bush in the backyard.

2 comments:

*Meg Larsen* said...

Sarah! I found you! I'm so excited to hear that you and grant are expecting...babies are so fun, and so much work! It's like praying for trials--learn patience by necessity :o) amen to your sleeping woes, I had a body pillow and four other pillows and essentially padded myself in place. Felt like sleeping with a wall between Eric and I, but at least it helped most of the time.

Keep in touch!
http://larsenland.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How exciting to already have some healthy beautiful plants to start learning gardening with. Your roses are very pretty. I've tried gardening on my patio this year. Unfortunately it's so windy here in this town that half the leaves on my little plants have gotten ripped right off. Good luck.