Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hurry Edwin's sleeping

Well Edwin is finally sleeping and I believe I have some time to put some more pictures and a few more details.
Edwin Randolph Jackson was born at 1:27 am on the 4th of July 2008. He came into this world weighing 8 pounds and was about 21 inches.

My story goes like this: my water broke at 2:30 am the 3rd of July, but I went back to sleep because I wasn't feeling any contraction and wanted to try to have the baby naturally so I wanted to stay home as long as possible. At 7:30 am I decide we need to go to the hospital to avoid any risks but I still was not having contractions. Around 11am the doctors and nurses decided I need to be induced, because I was still not having contractions. After being induced I was still not having contractions, until about 3pm and BAM! I was experiencing transition contratctions, my contractions were 2 min. apart, very very intense, and I would have about a 30 sec. rest between contractions. I was in transiton for a long, long time, and everytime the contraction would come, I wish I would have died then to go through another contraction. I managed the contractions alright, but they were so hard and I had so little time to rest that I lost control many times and started crying, or screaming, or, Grant says, "loud singing." After 5 hours of the most horrible pain of my life (the doctor's predicting about 4 more hours of that) I decided I suffered long enough and I was going to have an epidural, aaaahhh! Beauty, I felt soooooooooooooooo much better and did not regret that decision; I felt I did natural long enough. When it came to time to push, that lasted about 15 min. and Edwin came into the world. Although I did break my tailbone back out in the process and that still hurts, bummer.

The rest is history, I've already forgotten about the awful pain, Edwin is so amazing and has cleared my mind of that pain. Grant and I are absolutely in love with him; any noise or sound he makes, we just melt. The love we have for him is beyond words, he really is a miracle from God. How amazing it is to have this child created in you and then to see him, hold him, and hear him; I become speechless and then just stare at him.
I'm so happy he's with us forever. By the video I attach you can just tell how sappy of a mom I am for our little Edwin.




Grant and I both feel he looks more like me when I was a baby, so here are pictures of me as a baby with my mom.
pictures of daddy time

Edwin and daddy thinking

Edwin and daddy sleeping

Edwin and daddy doing a staring contest

Little Edwin crying because we have to go now

10 comments:

CorayFam said...

Oh SOO cute. That little video made me just want to pick him and hold him. I am so glad that I don't have to wait until December to see him. I love the pictures of him and Grant. It's cool to see my little brother be such a great daddy..even if it is from far away. Love you guys.

Aly said...

Oh Sarah!! He is so cute!!! Congratulations!

Deanna said...

I would agree that if you don't have a pain management plan then you'd have to get an epidural. I am glad that you didn't have any other type of complications. They are just so precious when they're first born, so new and fresh from Heavenly Father. Thanks for your comment on our blog. My first memories are you Sarah are when you went out of your way to show us your apartment and came over by the Elms to show us the back way. You are just a very sweet person. I will also never forget your kindness when you brought me dinner when I was deathly ill with morning sickness. So many people said let me know if you need anything but, you actually did something without being asked and that really touched me. And we also really loved walking over to your apt on our random nightly walks to hang out and you guys were always up to letting us in and hanging out. I'm so happy that you're a mommy now. I know that you are a great one!

maegan said...

My mom had an awesome night gown like your mom has on in those pictures! He's such a sweetie, Sarah! I feel so blessed to have been able to hold him so soon in his life...Elyette talks about him all the time. On the way home from your place tonight she called him "Sarah's dude" :). Take care of your sweet little dude (AND yourself).

*Meg Larsen* said...

a fourth of july baby! he is so sweet and cute :o) Enjoy every second, they grow up way too fast...Scotty is learning how to walk and thinks he's independent already!

Jenny said...

Hey. It was good to talk to you last night. I watched the video, though I haven't seen it with sound yet, and I can't wait to see it so I can hear you talking to your little boy. I miss you guys so much and am so happy for you.

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

Wow, all of your comments are so nice I feel so blessed to have all of you guys in my life. I really like the blog idea because I feel I have stayed connected to all of you better than I ever would've without this (I know it's sad but true). I hope you all are having a good day. I love checking your blogs and I think about you guys often.

Love,
Sarah

Aaron and Emily said...

Sarah, the pain you went through, it's like you did a natural birth. I mean, hours and hours of transition, how awful! I may not have had an epidural, but I only had two hours of labor, which isn't even half of what you felt.

I love the oh so familiar baby on daddy's chest with Both of them asleep picture. We have lots of those too...

Edwin is a very lucky baby to have the parents he got!

Roundy Crew said...

I love newborns! Congratulations! You are both absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Okay so I just realized that we don't know what you email address is. Gosh what kind of friend doesn't give out their email. So I'm just posting this on your blog instead of sending you an email that you have to forward on to 10 people or you will die, have all you hair fall out and have a swollen pinky toe for the rest of your life. Click on my name jonathan koberstein above to see what I'm talking about. (now post this link on ten other blogs or you will stub your toes next week).