Saturday, July 11, 2009

1 year old Edwin!

I can't believe it! Edwin is one, time flies. It has been an amazing year and Edwin has developed so many loves, one of those loves is filmed below. Edwin loves music, and he has taken a special interest in drumming. The video below is from Saturday's Market in Portland, we were watching these street performers and Edwin (without any resistance) went straight to the drummer and started drumming and dancing with him. The crowd loved watching Edwin, and they shouted "go Edwin, go Edwin, go Edwin." When I took Edwin away from the drums, he acted as if I took him from his only happiness, he was so broken hearted and he sobbed. The crowd was so compassionate and said "ahh, ohh" when he was crying, they wanted him to stay too. It was such a cool experience to see Edwin love something so much.
Edwin also has a huge love for dogs and gets excited whenever he sees one, his birthday cake in Washington was a dog, thanks to his Grandma for buying it. Lastly, and a great blessing to Grant and I, Edwin loves his family. When we were in the airport arriving home from our travels to Washington, going down the hallway, Edwin started saying dada dada, like he knew what was coming. Once we saw Grant, Edwin got a huge smile on his face and started laughing. It was great to see that Edwin remembered his dad after that month trip to Washington, and was really excited to see his dad.


Edwin got a dog book for his birthday from his mommy and daddy, and he loves the book. Yeah!







Edwin being all grown up and lazy.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Happy Bday Edwin! Time DOES fly. Love the video of him drumming. What a cutie. The boy's got rhythm!

Unknown said...

What a cutie! I miss him being only a half mile away! We're a whole ... 3 miles away from you now? heh... I guess that shouldn't make much difference... but it DOES!

PS: I'm wearing your clothes right now :)

Sue said...

Happy birthday, Edwin! I can't wait to meet you.

Sarah -- email me (suesmithjackson@gmail.com) . . . . I want to start planning our little CA trip. =)