Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Crafts

The Baby's Blanket is finally done.
The first picture is of the front of the baby's blanket. It has a lot of texture to it, and all of the white blocks have some sort of summer/beach design that I embroidered on there. His blanket is an overall beach theme, because he is a California baby. The second picture is of the front and back. My pictures don't give the blanket justice, it's very cute and I'm happy it's done.

Here is my second craft project. This is my first pillow I have made ever. The fabrics are my favorite part about it. Thanks to Maegan Millar, a friend here in the Bay area; she told me about this great couple that gets, recycled and discontinued fabric from interior designing companies and collects it. Then for a couple days out of each month they open their doors to people who love to do crafts and all the fabrics are free to us.

The above picture is the back of the pillow, I took a big piece of fabric and cut it in half then sewed it that way so you can insert the pillow. To finish off the cut I folded the fabric and sewed hook and eyes on the fabric; so once the pillow is in, you can hook it shut. I think it's pretty cool. I've never made a pillow before so I'm excited about this project.


3 comments:

Aaron and Emily said...

the blanket is beautiful! I can't wait to see it in real life.

Tango said...

Awesome quilt and pillows. Your baby is so lucky. You and Grant will be great parents.

Anonymous said...

Sarah! The quilt is soo cute! Congrats that it is done. Love ya ~ Mary Rose